MOVE YOUR HEALTH INNOVATION FORWARD
Residency @ The Clinic is a nine-month program for health care innovators who are committed to moving their health innovations forward and looking for a fast-track approach to validate and grow their business while building up their critical network.
Residents join monthly Residency Rounds as well as gain valuable insight from one-on-one coaching throughout the program. During the Residency, innovators will be supported through three sprints with guidance from our community to focus on key gaps or pivot points in their innovation, whether it’s focused on the feasibility, desirability, or viability stage of their venture.
Residents will have access to work out of the Clinic’s Collision room during the residency program. By the end of the program, Residents will have made pivotal advancements in their innovations and will have expanded their professional network.
Residents are selected based on their level of commitment and the readiness of their innovation. Successful applicants will be invited to schedule a meeting with The Clinic staff to learn more about their health innovation, followed by Q&A. This interview process will decide acceptance into the program.
Any researcher, clinician, student and/or entrepreneur developing a health or biomedical innovation. At least one member of the team must be currently affiliated with McMaster University.
Questions about the Residency program? Send us an email.
Information Box Group
Download the Residency Brochure Download
Learn about Residency @ The Clinic, including program outline.
Download the 2023 Residency Application Download
Application submissions for the Winter – Fall 2023 Residency are now closed. Check back for future application dates.
The Clinic is proud to be only one of two Mitacs-approved incubators at McMaster University with the Residency @ The Clinic program.
- Startups enrolled in The Clinic’s Residency program now have access to Mitacs Accelerate Entrepreneur funds.
- Accelerate Entrepreneur pays undergraduates, graduates, and postdoctoral fellows to grow their startups and get to market faster.
- This matching program provides $15,000 per four-month internship with opportunities to scale up depending on the startup’s needs.
What is the Mitacs Accelerate Entrepreneur program?
The Mitacs Accelerate Entrepreneur program pays students and postdoctoral fellows to grow their start-ups and get to market faster. With the support of The Clinic, an approved incubator, Mitacs funding helps health innovators build professional entrepreneurial skills, with the goal of commercializing their start-up’s technology, product, or service through funded research internships.
How do I qualify?
- Be a current McMaster student or postdoctoral fellow
- Be a founder/owner of a health-focused start-up looking to advance the core technology, product, or service
- Be an active member of The Clinic enrolled in the Residency program
How does the Accelerate Entrepreneur program work?
- Mitacs matches the start-up’s investment at 1:1 and releases a research award to student or post-doctoral entrepreneurs valued at $15,000 (at least $10,000 stipend and up to $5,000 for project costs).
- Student or postdoctoral entrepreneurs advance their academic work and their start-up’s commercialization goals with support through Residency @ The Clinic.
How can I apply for the Mitacs Accelerate Entrepreneur program through The Clinic?
An initial meeting with The Clinic’s program manager is the first step to review the stage of your health innovation and ensure you meet all Mitacs application criteria.
If the above criteria are met:
- Complete the Mitacs Accelerate proposal form
- Complete the Mitacs Accelerate Entrepreneur conflict of interest declaration form
- Submit a letter of support from The Clinic
Have more questions? Connect with The Clinic staff.
Residency testimonials & SUCCESS STORIES
Information Box Group
PROVA Innovations Ltd. Learn More
Founder and President
PROVA specializes in wearable technology solutions for in-home GAIT training and neuromuscular rehabilitation for patients with a brain injury, neurological disorder, degenerative disease, or a mobility challenge.
ImaginAble Solutions Learn More
Founder and CEO
ImaginAble Solutions creates assistive devices to improve the quality of life for people living with impaired motor movement.
EmergConnect Learn More
Founder and CEO
EmergConnect is the first ever centralized digital platform for patient registration, clinical triage, individualized wait time predictions and ideal care environment redirection. The platform uses cutting edge artificial intelligence to help achieve the quadruple aim in healthcare.
OrganoBiotech Learn More
Boyang Zhang, Dawn Lin, Shravanthi Rajasekar,
OrganoBiotech offers a core product, IFlowPlate, that allows users to produce a variety of complex preclinical models for high-throughputs precision drug screening.