WHAT IS THE COMMERCIAL POTENTIAL OF YOUR RESEARCH OR HEALTH INNOVATION?
The Health Innovation Bootcamp is an immersive, project-focused education program providing curious innovators with the building blocks of entrepreneurship. You and a select group of health care innovators will come together in person over six sessions to explore and validate your innovative ideas for commercial potential through weekly challenges. The $50 program fee will be pooled and awarded to the participant who completes all challenges and has the best pitch in the final session.
EDUCATE. CONNECT. CHALLENGE.
Bootcamp participants will start to build their business foundation and understand high level entrepreneurship/business concepts and terminology. Students are encouraged to use each session to network with one another and bounce ideas off each other, and they are challenged to apply the concepts learned in the bootcamp to their own innovation by completing weekly challenges.
- There will be opportunity for the bootcamp cohort to share their innovation project ideas with one another.
- Problem definition and validation concepts will be covered.
- The bootcamp cohort will define their solutions in customer segments.
- Students will receive an in-depth presentation on value proposition, market (TAM, SAM, SOM) and competitor analysis landscape.
- Key topics to be discussed include unfair advantage, channels, customer segments, key metrics, cost structure and revenue streams.
- Students will receive a high-level overview of intellectual property and regulatory concepts.
- Students will understand how to market and sell their innovation as a real product.
- Students will be taught how to create an effective three-minute pitch deck for various audiences (pitch competition, investor, partner, customer).
- Students will create a one-minute elevator pitch on their innovation – a valuable tool to be used in front of important stakeholders.
- Students will understand the importance of networking and building a strong team. Project management concepts will also be introduced.
- Fundamental definitions and concepts for dilutive funding will be introduced.
- How to find non-dilutive funding opportunities and write a successful application.
- High level overview of exit strategies will be introduced.
- Each participant will have the opportunity to apply all bootcamp concepts in their three-minute business pitch to the bootcamp cohort, Clinic mentors, and three or four judges.
- Students will receive feedback on their pitch, and an opportunity to win the prize pool.
SPRING 2024 HEALTH INNOVATION BOOTCAMP
Check back for registration details coming soon!