Domestic tuition for all three terms is $35,000 CAD, plus applicable student fees and materials, paid in instalments.
International tuition for all three terms is $60,000 CAD, plus applicable student fees and materials, paid in instalments.
Tuition does not cover transportation to and from in-person bootcamps (e.g. airfare to/from Hamilton), meals (unless otherwise noted), or additional ancillary fees. Most course materials are provided in digital format. Textbooks will not be required.
Scholarships will be available for application each academic year to candidates who have been accepted into the MBI program.
Scholarships are only available to those accepted into the program and payment will be reflected on each recipient’s MBI tuition statement. Each applicant is eligible to receive only one award; multiple awards will not be granted to the same recipient.
MBI Scholarship Award dedicated to Female Entrepreneurship: $7,000*
MBI Scholarship Award recognizing Innovation Excellence: $7,000*
MBI Scholarship Award recognizing Community Engagement in Biomedical Innovation: $7,000*
Students in the MBI program are not eligible for the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP).
Student Line of Credit
Most banks offer student lines of credit with increased limits for professional programs. Contact your financial institution to discuss which options are available to you.
Tuition Tax Credit
If you are self-funding, tuition fees for the Master of Biomedical Innovation may be tax deductible. For details please consult the Canada Revenue Agency or your tax professional.
Lifelong Learning Plan
You or your spouse may be eligible to make tax-free withdrawals from your RRSPs (up to $20,000 each) under the Canada Revenue Agency’s Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP). Please visit the LLP website for more information.
- Completion of an undergraduate honours degree
- A minimum B+ average (75-79%) in the last two years of study of an honours degree
- Demonstration of English proficiency (written and oral) for international applicants
- Exceptions: If candidates fall short on degree requirements or work experience, they will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- While some introductory innovation and entrepreneurship education, or demonstration of involvement in innovation and entrepreneurship projects are an asset, they are not required for admission.
Learn more about the application process here.